With more than three decades of experience in the regional MEP sector, SPECON key personnel have delivered landmark projects including airports, hotels, hospitals, commercial and residential towers, universities, military developments, HV/MV substations and overhead transmission lines. SPECON’ experience spans all sectors of the construction industry and includes proven capability across the full spectrum of Engineering Services for buildings and infrastructure.
SPECON holds in-house capability in high & medium voltage (HV/MV) and extra-low voltage technologies (ELV), as well as in the fields of Rail & Metro, Energy & Power, including renewable energy power generation (solar) and other green and sustainable solutions, and Oil & Gas.
SPECON employs more than 6,000 people across the region and has the capability to deliver complex projects using industry’s best practices and modern construction and project planning techniques. SPECON is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards and is committed to providing a safe, healthy, environmentally friendly and sustainable project experience for its employees, clients and members of the public.
THE LOUVRE ABU DHABI, ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Client : TDIC
Consultant : Buro Hppold
Completion Date : 2017
The Louvre Abu Dhabi, a one of its kind project. The only Louvre museum outside the original facility in Paris, is a Unique Universal Museum designed by Pritzker Prize winning architect Jean Nouvel, destined to showcase Abu Dhabi to the world.
Covered by a record-breaking dome. It is located on Saadiyat Island, 500 meters off the coast of Abu Dhabi.
The museum on its own covers approximately 24,000 m2, with other auxiliary facilities adding to the overall size of the project for a total of around 80,000 m2. The project is designed by Buro Happold with a state-of-the-art MEP design comprising in addition to the conventional MEP works the following:
- Micro Climate HVAC (Under Floor Cooling, Water wall, Provision for Geo thermal systems)
- Sea Water Cooling System
- High Pressure Dome Cleaning system
- Electrical & Mechanical System Resilience
- Seismic Engineering and Installations
- Precise Close Control of Environment conditions, particularly in exhibition areas.
The selection of SPECON to execute the works as part of a joint venture, was based on strong technical expertise, Design & Engineering capabilities, thorough understanding of complex projects, and our ability to demonstrate high quality project delivery capabilities, and awareness of Abu Dhabi Social welfare responsibilities.
In addition to challenges posed by the highly complex technical intricacies related to the architectural concept, the project also complied in line with LEED Silver and Estidama Pearl 3 requirements.
ZAYED UNIVERSITY, ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Client : Mubadala
Consultant : Cansult
Completion Date : 2011
The project involved mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) works for the new Zayed University Abu Dhabi Campus.
The building provides educational facilities for 6,000 students and related faculty and support staff. It is built on a plot of approximately 75 hectares and features a built-up area of 230,000 square metres.
The MEP installations included:
- High Voltage installations – Substations with Transformers and HV generators.
- State of the art Electrical Systems spanning specialist controls for access, RFID Library tagging, IPTV, IP based site wide integration of systems, IT/AV, BMS, ACS, Fire Alarm, Voice Evacuation.
- Low Voltage distribution system. District Cooling plant and associated CHW ring
- Extensive Infrastructure facilities, including Fire Fighting, Fiber Optic IP Backbone Cabling interconnecting all facilities, 800mm Chilled Water Ring, Vacuum Drainage System.
- Extensive HV and LV Cabling, Fire Fighting Hydrant lines, Parking and Road Lighting, security points. HVAC distribution system.
- Plumbing & Drainage systems.
- External floodlighting including landscaping works.
Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City, Abu Dhabi
Client : Seha
Main Contractor : Burt Hill
Completion Date : 2017
SPECON was a part of an integrated joint venture with Habtoor Leighton and Murray & Roberts in executing the prestigious New Al Mafraq Hospital in Abu Dhabi. The 739-bed general hospital is one of the leading trauma/surgery hospitals in the region, and provides a cost-effective alternative for patients who previously had to seek specialized care overseas for neurosurgery, orthopedics, acute rehabilitation and plastic surgery.
SPECON was responsible for the execution of the entire works alongside its partners.
The project scope included mechanical (HVAC), electrical, extra low voltage, plumbing, drainage, High Voltage/ Medium Voltage works, external utilities/ infrastructure works.
The MEP scope of work includes:
- Design Verification and Shop drawings preparation.
- Material Supply & Installation, Testing and Commissioning of all systems including Lighting, Power, ELV Systems, HVAC, Plumping, Drainage, Cold and Hot Water, Medical Gases, Pneumatic Tube systems and LPG Gas Systems.
The integrated joint venture’s scope of works includes construction of:
- A two-storey basement including service accommodation, labs, CSSD, dining and parking
- A three-storey outpatient building including clinics
- A link bridges
- A three-storey podium building including diagnostics, operating theatres, ER, rehab, ICU, Plant rooms and maternity
- Two six-storey and two 8-storey inpatient towers
- Peripheral buildings including substations, cooling plant, workshop, mortuary, underground tanks and service tunnels
- Landscaping, infrastructure and external works
Specon alongside their JV Partners delivered the entire scope with detailed oriented coordination with other stakeholders of the project including the operators, the end users, the medical equipment and service provider.
ONE ZA’ABEEL PROJECT, PACKAGE B – ZL6001 (Tower + Basement), DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Client : One Zaábeel LLC / ITHRA – ICD
Main Contractor : ALEC
Completion Date : 2020
The project is a mixed-use development comprising two towers, referred to as Tower A (Approximate area: 290,758 SqM) and the Tower B (Approximate area: 240, 627 SqM), and a Link Bridge connects with the two towers at high level. The towers have 7 level basement and is interconnected at 2nd basement via a basement tunnel.
The towers share a common ground and 3-level podium. An existing elevated highway passes between the towers and a plaza will be created
The Works comprises deep basements consisting of seven levels and connecting tunnels, an above grade podium, and one tower referred as Tower B, and include but not limited to the following components and functions.Residences: Single and double story units.
- Podium retail and food & beverage outlets (retail is shell and core and common circulation areas of retail is fully fitted out)
- Back of house facilities in basements, podium and towers.
- Pedestrian bridge Plot B podium to Zaabeel Park.
- Conventional self-drive basement parking
- Automated car park system located in Podium B.
- Plaza enclosure connecting Plot B beneath the elevated highway.
THE ROYAL ATLANTIS RESORT & RESIDENCES, THE PALM – DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Client : Atlantis the Palm 2 Development LLC
Main Contractor : BESIX – SSYANGYONG JV
Completion Date : 2020
The Royal Atlantis Resort and Residences project is a mixed-use hotel and residential tower that rises to a height of 187 m above ground. The building is primarily divided into two towers, being a hotel tower and a residential tower. The two towers are linked together at the podium level which serves a shared lobby and amenity space for both. The hotel and residential towers are also connected by a 45-meter-long sky bridge that links the 18th through the 22nd floors of the two towers.
SPECON’s scope of work on the project includes all All MEP equipment (HVAC equipment & accessories, electrical switchgear, light fittings, wiring accessories, busbar, wires and cables, air craft warning lights, pumps, water boiler, sanitary ware & fittings, plumbing/drainage pipe & fittings etc.) including horizontal and vertical services within the basement, podium, shafts and sky bridge, Electrical distribution risers including the end point panel (SMDB/EDB/Isolator), Cable containment for electrical power up to the termination point, Cable containment (cable tray/trunking) for ELV and ICT up to the telecom room or ELV panel, Chilled water distribution riser up to and including the valve outside shaft, Air ducts within the shafts including all Grounds Hotel Towers including all horizontal distributions. Hot and cold water riser up to and including the PRV, Drainage pipes, Storm water pipes, Lightning protection riser and roof top distribution, SNG, BMS, Wild Air, Fire Alarm & Fire Fighting, Audio Visual System, Security, CCTV, Access Control, Parking Management, ICT Passive Component, Structured Cabling, Central Battery System.
Know more about Specon
P.O.Box. 87134, Dubai – U.A.E